3TRealities is a startup that enables explorers to safely experience the world with their family and friends in a photorealistic, immersive 3D environment. While there may not be many hurdles to create 3D environments with today’s technology, providing a truly immersive and interactive experience isquite a challenge – are you up for it? 3TRealities is seeking an experienced Director of Engineering who can lead a software engineering team in a startup environment, think out of the box to bring forth new ideas, and solve difficult technical puzzles. This is a key position that requires not just technical expertise, but also leadership, communication, and strategic thinking.
- Sets clear expectations for team members; solicits, synthesizes and delivers feedback
- Implements prioritized requirements and owns outcomes
- Identifies and drives process improvement opportunities within the software development life cycle
- Manages activities such as developing technical solutions and providing detailed cost and schedule estimates for various projects
- 10+ years in game development industry
- Experience with Unity3D and other 3D software development tools
- Strong expertise with integrating game features into multiple platforms including mobile, major consoles, PC/Mac, and VR headsets
- Experience in managing local and remote software development teams
- In-depth understanding of the software development process and game development process
- Strong communication skills: ability to communicate context to the team and surface requirements to upper management; communicate timeline, scope, risk, and technical concerns with stakeholders
- Leadership, mentoring, and management skills
We are hiring for remote opportunities, with an anchor in Silicon Valley (post-pandemic, head offices will be located in the Bay Area). Be part of this growing entrepreneurial venture – if you are passionate about technology, virtual reality, or immersive experiences, we want to hear from you! 3TRealities is an equal opportunity employer looking for the best talent to achieve team goals.